Stained Glass Window 12/02/2000
I live on the other side of the window
Looking in on bliss. "their" bliss.
I scream as loud as I can.
No one hears me.
If I am heard,
My words are muffled and misunderstood.
My breath remains a stain on the glass,
My fingerprints leave a tarnished blur.
A reminder of a wasted effort.
Why try again?
The glass is only sure to be stained again soon enough.
Helpless and frustrated I stare.
I am as transparent as the glass,
And as despised as the stains painted upon it.
Looking in on bliss. "their" bliss.
I scream as loud as I can.
No one hears me.
If I am heard,
My words are muffled and misunderstood.
My breath remains a stain on the glass,
My fingerprints leave a tarnished blur.
A reminder of a wasted effort.
Why try again?
The glass is only sure to be stained again soon enough.
Helpless and frustrated I stare.
I am as transparent as the glass,
And as despised as the stains painted upon it.

2 Comments:
You paint the best picture with your words. You made me see the whole scene.
You paint the best picture with your words. You made me see the whole scene.
Post a Comment
<< Home